Thursday, December 2, 2010

World, meet Gracie.

I can't tell you where Gracie came from or who gave him to Aidan. If you ask Aidan, he'll tell you that Gracie was born at the same time he was and that I am Gracie's mom. This, however, is where the familial relation between Gracie and I ends.

Gracie's full name is Gracie Scott Hayner Roger, sometimes known as Gracie Bob Tinders.
Gracie has two brothers and two sisters. Piggy, (you guessed it!) a pink pig, is the baby of the family. Unfortunately Piggy is no longer with his family, as Aidan explained to me the other day that "Piggy fell into the crack". I take this to mean that Piggy is somewhere between the bed and the wall for the time being. There have been no attempts at rescue thus far.
His other brother Lolly and his two sisters, Old Kelly and New Kelly round out Gracie's family. Lolly, Old Kelly and New Kelly are glow worms. You can tell that Lolly his a boy only because he has "the blue hat with horns, and Old Kelly and New Kelly have the hanging stars". Makes perfect sense. 
Gracie also has a grandfather, Grandpa Bob Finellar, who is a professional monster truck driver. Grandpa Bob Finellar was a survivor of the Titanic, a story I'll save for another time.  Gracie's other grandfather, Grandpa Tinders, had the unfortunate experience of  being run over by Grandpa Bob Finellar's monster truck last Thursday. I'm unsure of his status at this time. Gracie's grandmother, name unknown, was also a survivor of the Titanic and doesn't appear in Gracie's life all too often.

Things you should know about Gracie:
1) Gracie is a nudist. Though I have both purchased and handmade clothes, Gracie prefers to be naked.
2) Gracie is afraid of Pumas.
3) Even if Gracie is at home, he can reach us any time on the "Gracie Phone".
4) Invisible Gracie can also be with us in the absence of real Gracie, although invisible Gracie usually rides on the windshield of the car.

2 comments:

  1. Oh...how I'd like to live in GRACIELAND...where anything goes and adventures compound daily!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Now I get to hear regular Gracie stories! I am so excited:)

    ReplyDelete