Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Away in a Manger...

Aidan was recently cast a "townsman" from the town of Bethlehem in his Christmas play.

Me: "Are you excited for your play?"
Aidan: "Yeah"
Gracie: "I want to be in the  play"
Me: "Why don't you play Baby Jesus, Gracie?"
Gracie: "I can't"
Me: Why not, you'd make an excellent Baby Jesus".
Aidan: "Gracie can't play Baby Jesus cus theres already a doll that's gonna be Baby Jesus".
Me: "Did you ask if Gracie could be Baby Jesus?"
Aidan: "No because Gracie is naked".
Me: "Well Baby Jesus was naked too they just wrapped him in a blanket. They could wrap Gracie in a blanket".
Aidan: "Well also Baby Jesus didn't have any hair".
Me: "I'm sure it'd be ok".
Aidan: "No. Gracie has hair AND it has different colors in it. Baby Jesus didn't have hair with colors in it".
Me: "Well then I guess Gracie can't be Baby Jesus".
Gracie: "Why won't you let me be Baby Jesus, its not fair".

No comments:

Post a Comment