Friday, February 11, 2011

Show and Tell

For anyone that does not know, we are currently in the process with Riverside County to potentially adopt a baby. Last night was our 6th class (7:30pm marked our exact 1/2 way to being done point!).
Our assignment due last night was to bring in an item that our family cherishes. "If your house was on fire and you could only grab one thing, excluding other people and animals of course, what would it be? Bring it in".
So last night Brandon and I showed up to our class. People were bringing bags, contents unknown, photo albums, framed picures, you get the idea...
We walked in with Gracie.
Toward the end of the night we gathered in a circle to show and explain our cherished item.
We were third in line. I was given specific instructions on what to say.
Me: "So tonight we have to bring something our family loves more than anything. I was thinking your dad and I could bring Gracie"."
Aidan: "I thought you love me more than anything".
Me: "I do. Other than you something our WHOLE family loves".
Aidan: "Ok you can bring him. DON'T call him a doll though. Tell everyone hes my brother. Tell everyone that he is your son and that I love my brother very much". "Promise?"
Me: "Promise".
So anyway, we're sitting in class and our turn comes and I say, "This is my other son Gracie"...
I probably don't even need to say this but Gracie was a huge hit.

The Night that Gracie Went to School with Us

No comments:

Post a Comment