Wednesday, February 23, 2011

For a while we thought it would be best if Gracie was left at home. We (Brandon and I) wanted Gracie to be an "at home" and a "bed time" thing. As you can imagine there was a lot of protest from both Aidan and Gracie.
I told Aidan that Gracie couldn't come with us, because being a nudist and all, it was inappropriate for Gracie to be out and about with no clothes on. Both Aidan and Gracie promised that if I were to just make Gracie an outfit, he would wear it for public appearences. Aidan, Gracie and I went to the fabric store where the two of them picked out fabric.
Needless to say, the pick was very "Gracie".
We got home and I set about constructing a pair of pants. In the event that I put the time and effort into making Gracie an outfit, and Gracie did not wear the outfit, I figured that at least we had a pair of pants out of the deal.



And guess what? I was right in my guess that the pants would not be worn all too often..In fact, the time I took this picture is about the only time that Gracie wore his them...Needless to say the shirt was never made...why bother?
I still try with clothes occassionally, a pj set for christmas, a couple of outfits from the preemie rack at Target. They usually get put on, pulled off and tossed aside. Gracie now has his own "drawer" where his clothes are kept, should he decide he ever wants to put them on. I can't see this ever happening though, cus when you're as free as Gracie, who needs clothes?

1 comment:

  1. Maybe Gracie just needs a robe to be thrown on at a moments notice....

    ReplyDelete