Friday, January 21, 2011

A Typical Morning Drive to School

We were driving to school the other day, it was early, I wasn't feeling all that well and Aidan wanted to have the whole "how is God Jesus and Jesus is God but God is Jesus' dad and how is God Jesus' dad if Joseph is his dad"...I did my very best and we moved on. Then he says, "I really hope Skylar is back at school today, do you know who Skylar is?"
Me: "No who is Skylar?"
Aidan: "A girl in my class who went to New Zealand which is almost at the end of the world".
Now just having finished the God is Jesus, Jesus is God talk, I really didnt want to get into the there really is no end of the world discussion so I let it go for another time.
Also, as you read this you have to forgive me for my geographic mistakes, as I said it was early, I wasnt feeling well, my mind had already been frazzeled. Anywho, thinking of New Zealand as Finland, I tell Aidan that it's a tiny country that is really far away.
Aidan: "What do you mean its tiny?"
Me: "Uh Oh".
Aidan: "You mean its tiny like everything is Gracie's size?"
My thought: HOW CAN YOU TEACH THE CHILDREN TO READ IF THEY CANT FIT IN THE BUILDING!!
Me: No I mean the area of it is small but it looks like this around us, like normal size.
Aidan: "NO IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE THIS! IT LOOKS LIKE NEW ZEALAND, THIS LOOKS LIKE TEMECULA!!!"
Me: No I meant the size of everything is the same as the size of everything in Temecula.
Aidan: "Then why did you tell me it was Gracie's size?"
Me: "I didn't"
Aidan: "Yes you did mom and I really didnt think there was a country that had everything that was Gracie sized but you made it up"
Me: "Im sorry. I was wrong".

1 comment:

  1. Watch out! He's going for the "break mom down approach" and eventually he'll get what ever he wants from you!

    ReplyDelete